Tuesday, September 15, 2009

All About Actresses: By Maïwenn Le Besco (2009)

Photobucket

My first Tribeca Film Festival! It was a lot of fun. The tickets sell fast. So, I just saw the first thing available. The big dog Alex Acosta always talked about making a Mockumentary, and that was my main in influence for choosing this film over some other film about vampires--or something crazy like that. I got lucky. The film was awesome. I seem to have liking for films where directors play themselves, making a film about the process of making a film, or in this case the hardships of being a female actress.

It was definitely a great experience. I'm proud of myself having the guts to venture to New York City, to be around what I love most. It was a year of trying times, maybe I should make a mockumentary about college grads giving everything up to peruse film. Note to self.

2 comments:

  1. Note to the World.... what you did was brave. We just were unlucky to graduate in to the worst reccession since the Great Depression. What you experienced happened for a reason. Now make art from it.


    -"The Big Dog" Alex Acosta :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about Maïwenn Le Besco but I know I love her blue lady skills in the Fifth Element. And did you see Haute Tension? That is probably one of my favorite horror movies.

    ReplyDelete